Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Location Shoot


Location Shoot


For my location shoot I planned to shoot at a peaceful lake that i found a couple of years back. However it wasn't as easy as just turning up and not having the right conditions. I checked the weather the week before and there was one day with had forecasted Sunny Spells with virtually no wind which was almost perfect conditions. I prepared all the camera gear and fishing gear a few days before so that i had everything ready incase the weather conditions changed and so that i could go with in an hours notice. 

I arrived early morning just as the sun started to peer through the clouds and i got set up. It took me a few hours but i got plenty of photos and got everything and more than i needed. For health and safety purposes i made sure that the ground near the edge of the peg was stable and that i wouldn't fall in or get the camera wet. For this shoot I had to make sure I had the correct equipment for the shoot. I used a Nikon D3200 with a Nikon DX 55mm Lens to insure that i could shoot the previously prepared photos. I also needed a memory card, a battery (with a spare), the correct clothing which would be waterproof jacket and extra clothing for chance the weather conditions changed for the worst. I also needed all my fishing gear to get the photos i wanted. 
I haven't edited most of my photos because even with no editing the pictures are correctly exposed and exactly how i wanted them. However the Photo below i have edited slightly using photoshop and ill show you exactly how i did it.

I think the photoshoot went well because the conditions were perfect and everything that i had prepared to do i did. I got more photos than i needed so that i had a variety to choose from. After imagining what the photos would look like and experimenting with Shallow depth of fields and different apertures, I came to the conclusion that the shallow depth of field photos look creative when shooting landscape photos. By using a shallow depth of field, it automatically draws the viewers attention to the sharpened object or area. Whereas the blurred out background or foreground is noticed later on.

If it could improve on anything i think it would be to shoot more open photos swell as close up ones. To shoot more open areas to get the full definition of the landscape around.


                                      After Editing                                         Before Editing                                     



  

As you can see from the Before and After photo, the photos are slightly different. 
  1. My first step was to make the photo more exposed a bit because it was a little dark before-hand.
  2. The second step was to Saturate the image to add more in-depth color into the photo. 
  3. The third step was to add effects using the 'Curves' tool, This darkens certain areas of the photo and enlightens other parts making it look more in-depth. 







2nd Editing

                          Before Editing


                                                                                                                After Editing


As you can see from the two photos above, the photos look similar but if you look more closer you can see that the contract and the clouds are better and more saturated on the second one.

  1. The First step in editing this photo was to add brightness to it as it was underexposed before editing.
  2. The Second step again was to saturate the image to add more greens to the photo and detail the color more.
  3. The Third step was to add 'Levels' to the photo which enlightens different parts of the photo.








Photo shoot














No comments:

Post a Comment